The State Bar General Referral (SBGR) program helps connect people with
legal issues with private attorneys who may be able to help them for up
to a 30-minute consultation. The program can be contacted at (505) 797-6066 or 1-800-876-6227.
How the Service works:
- When you call the program, you will speak with a SBGR staff
person who will collect information from you in order to determine the
type of legal issue you have.
- If SBGR determines that we may be able to place your referral,
the SBGR will attempt to put you in contact with a private attorney for up to a 30-minute consultation.
- SBGR charges a $35 referral fee for this service.
- The $35 fee must be paid before the consultation can be arranged.
- Please note that it may take up to 5 business days to
place the referral and up to an additional week for the attorney to
consult with you.
- If we cannot find an attorney for your consultation, we will
refund $25 of the referral fee to you and retain the remaining $10 as a
SBGR only arranges the 30-minute consultation. SBGR does not guarantee that the attorney will accept your case or provide you with any assistance beyond the consultation. If
the attorney and you agree that the attorney will provide additional
services beyond the consultation, you must negotiate the cost of those
services directly with the referral attorney.
Legal Service Providers in New Mexico